The webinar will be held online from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm Pacific time (6:00pm CEST). The cost is $119 if you do not need CE/EMDRIA Credits and $129 if you do.
**CE credit can be earned by watching the webinar live or watching the recording and taking a quiz. Click here to learn more about CE credits and confirm that they’re available for practitioners in your state.
Everyone who registers will receive access to the webinar recording to watch at their convenience for one month following the live presentation. Don’t want to wait until this webinar? In your confirmation email, you will receive access to the recording of the most recent webinar to view immediately in the meantime!
Refund Policy: Fees are fully refundable until 2 weeks before the beginning of the webinar; after that no refunds or credits will be given.
The Flash Technique, originally developed for the preparation phase of EMDR, is now evidence-based and can be used outside of EMDR by trauma-trained clinicians. This intervention allows clients to reduce the disturbance associated with extremely painful memories with relatively little pain. Publications in peer-reviewed journals have documented its use with earthquake victims, health care providers working with COVID-19 patients, dissociative identity disorder, highly dissociative homeless men, motor vehicle accidents, and complaints of traumatic life events. Many new research studies are supporting the underlying principle of Flash, that focusing on a trauma or phobia consciously is significantly less effective than processing without conscious awareness of exposure to the trauma. Defenses that are normally obstacles to processing do not get activated, so the technique is especially helpful for clients who dissociate and are afraid of the intensity of their memories.
Flash is fast, effective, and easy to learn for therapists, and significant reductions in disturbance often happen in as few as 15 minutes. After attending this webinar, participants will be able to apply what they have learned and begin using the Flash Technique immediately in their psychotherapy practices. Additionally, they will be able to recognize and address many of the clinical difficulties that can sometimes arise.
- Live demonstrations with volunteer attendees
- Q & A, both written and live
- Videos of Flash Technique sessions
- Group practicums in which all attendees experience the Flash Technique
- Troubleshooting instructions
- Why the Flash Technique works, including a review of the most relevant research
- Be prepared to use the Flash Technique immediately
- Get the kind of powerful results your colleagues are reporting
- A set of downloadable documents to reinforce what you have learned
- Access to a cutting edge listserv of over 3200 Flash Technique specialists
- Place yourself on the World Map of Flash Technique professionals so that clients who need you can zoom in and find you
Attendees will be able to:
- Explain 3 aspects of the Flash Technique that help to reduce distress for clients during processing of a disturbing memory.
- Describe the current literature supporting the use of the Flash Technique as an evidence-based intervention.
- List the 5 steps of the Flash Technique protocol.
- Describe 5 common issues that may arise and can hinder Flash processing if not addressed.
|A RICH AND ENGAGING EXPERIENCE. By the end of this webinar, you will have seen at least 6 Flash Technique sessions of five to fifteen minutes each, some involving troubleshooting. You will come to understand the mechanisms that we believe account for the powerful results that the Flash Technique produces, and you will have had the opportunity to experience the Flash Technique yourself.
DESIGNED TO FIT YOUR NEEDS. If the next webinar is not convenient, or you don’t have a six hour block available to attend, or you can’t imagine staying engaged – let alone entertained – for 6 hours, We have some options designed specifically for you.
DO IT YOUR OWN WAY. You can watch the entire webinar or only as many live hours as you are able. At another time complete watching the recorded video of the webinar or of the previous webinar and earn six hours of CE credit.
|ATTENDEES LOVE IT.
This format has allowed us to successfully train over 6000 therapists, worldwide over the past few years in the use of the Flash Technique. Here are some of their comments:
“Terrific. Very positive experience!”
*This course is approved for 6 hours of CE from EMDRIA and many state and national organizations including APA. (Dr. Philip Manfield is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor Continuing Education for psychologists. Dr. Philip Manfield maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.)